Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Scariest Things


On a day that looks at the dark side of things:

My Scariest Things

Potty training running late Sunday morning,
Sitters that cancel without any warning
(Who knew that Advil was so habit-forming?)
Washing baby, earring goes down the drain,
These are the things that drive me insane.

Pediatric enemas, nasal syringes,
Playdates where toddlers go on munchkin binges,
Coffee runs out; from work, husband is late:
There are the days I am tempted to hate… ®

® When the dish drops,
When the clocks change,
And baby wakes at four,
I simply remember my scariest things
And that I could feel… bad more!

Standing on high chairs, and carts while out shopping,
Caillou’s voice whining without ever stopping
Gastroenteritis of kid on top bunk
These are the things that put me in a funk. ®

On the plus side, I am forever grateful none of my scariest things involve war, gunfire, explosions, or starvation.  We are so blessed.  Happy All Hallow’s Eve everyone!  -TLC

“Mind the things that are above, not the things that are upon the earth.” Col. 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment