Friday, January 25, 2013

Before I turn in...

As a teen, it was an amazing and prayer-filled adventure to sacrifice sleep and warmth and meals to go on the bus to D.C. for the March for Life. In college, it was a shorter trip and a guaranteed yearly privilege to join in. My freshmen year I was chosen to help hold the huge college banner... I think I was right about the "M" for March in that 1997 photo... Quite proud, in an awkwardly knotted white scarf.

This year, I'm at home in my own daily march for the lives of my children, the mundane duties of three meals a day, baths, books, and teeth brushing. While someone less exciting, it is very much an honor to be on this side of things too. I could not be more proud and grateful for the gift of motherhood.

Thanks for having me, mom!- TLC

No comments:

Post a Comment