Sunday, June 30, 2013

A dozen years

If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but yet am not making sense, I am likely in need of more sleep.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all the mysterious things my children do while quiet, and if I have faith that, one day, I will get eight hours of straight sleep... but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all the time I possess to poor cooking and my body over to non-stop nursing, but do not have love, I am nothing. 

But I am not nothing. :)



Today my husband and I celebrate twelve years of wedded life.  We welcomed the day in by watching Princess Bride until midnight, and later we will be actually going away for 24 hours, thanks to the help of my parents and some wonderful friends.

Dan, it's not how I imagined it would be. But in the immortal words of "Lego House":  
"I think I love you better, now."



"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, 
that God sent his only Son into the world, 
so that we might live through him. 
In this is love, not that we have loved God 
but that he loved us and sent his Son 
to be the propitiation for our sins. 
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, 
God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:9-12

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 17 years yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many loved your moments of glad grace
    and loved your beauty with love false or true
    But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you
    and loved the sorrows of your changing face


    -- Yeats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Times! Yet I have to mention that when you were celebrating your nuptials, I and my hubby and 4 month old Kateri, were taking very first steps in RI. I can't believe I has been twelve years!!!

    ReplyDelete