Thursday, August 15, 2013

Magnificat

So I was going to write an humorously inspiring post on the Assumption (which is today, I remembered!), really I was, but then I cleaned the house instead.  Now I would post a picture of my work, except, darn it, it doesn't show how much I did.

Instead, since it's 11:19 and I'm trying to post every day, I'm going to leave you tonight with Mary's own words.   Whenever I despair of relating at all to a woman who was sinless and perfectly beautiful, I read this... it's her trust in God's plan, and humility in the amazing role He gave her, that's absolutely breathtaking.  And more relatable, because I can at least aspire to trusting God and being humble.  

Oh, and it's "hot."  Been totally ignoring the theme here...  Humility is really hot.  Trust too.  (sigh)

Here we go, the Magnificat!  I'm including a clip of this Bible passage sung by Ecclesia Consort which my husband and I sang with for years in the beautiful Church of the Blessed Sacrament, under the direction of the talented Pierre Masse.  (This choir sang at our wedding too.  Lucky us! :)  This piece is by Palestrina (my favorite, love singing this.)  Enjoy!




My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.
Luke 1:46-55

1 comment:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of hpv as soon as i feel the symptoms of hpv is appearing, i took the healing process by contacting Dr onokun for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment i have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, i am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every hpv or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr to get ride of these disease forever his email address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete