Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Further updates on Rosie...

Top ten reasons I'm not doing a top ten today:

10.  It's my other daughter's birthday tomorrow, and I don't have time to finish any of the top ten drafts of top tens I'm working on, really...
9-2. I'm exhausted...
and #1: The following is more important:

For everyone who has been praying for Rosie Grimm, I want to continue to give updates here as I receive them.  Here is the latest I saw from her mom:

"Her spirits are still good, but she has lost most of her strength and just about all her mobility.  She has asked her father to carry her to the choir loft at TAC [Thomas Aquinas College] on Sunday, because she can still sing.  I really hope that happens, even though it seems a little crazy.

Love, and ongoing thanks for your prayers, which are sustaining us."

On September 3rd, Rosie's nephew and godson Carl was born.  She did not think she'd live to see his birth, and is very happy about spending time with him!  (Pictured with her dad holding a slightly older little relative.)



And this is the latest from Rosie herself:  

Dear friends,

So you may know my devotion to Blessed Miguel Augustine Pro. He was a Mexican priest who died before a firing squad crying Viva Christo Ray!

I especially love him for his sense of humor. As a teenager he kidnapped a padre's robe and went wandering around preaching and collecting donations. When he was caught it turned out he preached well and nothing heretical so they merely took the donations and left it at that.  

I also love his particular sense of charity. He was working as a legal advisor for a widow shortly before his death. After his shooting she went to her lawyer to say her work would have to be delayed because her advisor had died. The surprised lawyer told that Fr Pro had just dropped off all paperwork completely finished.

I myself received reassurance in prayer from Padre Pro on his feast day. I felt I had a real answering prayer. So please focus your prayers with Padre Pro.

Here is a beautiful prayer composed by Fr Pro shortly before his death: 

Does our life become from day to day more painful, more oppressive, more replete with afflictions? Blessed be He a thousand times who desires it so. If life be harder, love makes it also stronger, and only this love, grounded on suffering, can carry the Cross of my Lord Jesus Christ. Love without egotism, without relying on self, but enkindling in the depth of the heart an ardent thirst to love and suffer for all those around us: a thirst that neither misfortune nor contempt can extinguish... I believe, O Lord; but strengthen my faith... Heart of Jesus, I love Thee; but increase my love. Heart of Jesus, I trust in Thee; but give greater vigor to my confidence. Heart of Jesus, I give my heart to Thee; but so enclose it in Thee that it may never be separated from Thee. Heart of Jesus, I am all Thine; but take care of my promise so that I may be able to put it in practice even unto the complete sacrifice of my life.

Love and thanks, 

Rosie

P.S. If anyone wants it, here's a novena to Bl. Miguel:
Blessed martyr of Christ the King, Father Miguel Agustin Pro, you are a special patron of those who labor, those in illness, depression or despair.  You are also a friend of musicians, the captives, and all who work toward social justice.  Your beloved brothers, the Jesuits, revere you and count you among the ranks of their saints.  You love your people of Mexico and all those loyal to the Church.
I thank the Sacred Heart for loving you so dearly.
I pray to Our Lady of Guadalupe whom you love so dear, to intercede for the cause of your canonization.
I pray that you remember me in your eternal and well-deserved rejoicing, and also my needs: [state needs]Through your courageous life and martyrdom you have won the crown of life everlasting.
Remember me, Blessed Miguel, for I remember you.
Viva Cristo Rey!  Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!
IMPRIMATUR:  Most Reverend John F. Donoghue
                               Archbishop of Atlanta
                               December 21, 2004

Beautiful words from a brave young woman, who wants us to ask her friend in heaven (Miguel Pro) to pray for her too.  In my friend (her sister) Wendy's words, "While Rosie's physical condition continues to seriously deteriorate, we have already felt blessings flowing from your prayers!"  

Rosie's latest Facebook status was typical Grimm wit, off-beatly silly and simply touching:  "'These are Runasable rabbits.  I'd like to see them try!'  I'm so tired. Goodnight."

While I'm not privy to whatever inside joke this was, somehow the status makes me smile and well up at the same time.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers for this special request, and also for your prayers for my much smaller issue... had my appointment today about the weird bloodwork results that they were making a fuss about (I have some rarer genetic markers... oooo, be impressed!) and apparently, long story short: there's nothing alarming.  I'm just a little differently made up.  But we knew that already. ;)

I'm going to get ready to have a three year old turn four.  Hope you all have a good night and a blessed day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. May God bless Rosie Grimm, now and for always and forever. Words like her's and Brother Pro's have a way of taking us back to the heart of Christ and what is truly important...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete