Sunday, October 6, 2013

Couple memories and some prayers

Catching up with Catholic Carnival here... my favorite sacramental memories are, of course, the sacraments themselves.  :) Other than that... I remember my daughter Cecilia sneaking up to the pumpkins by the altar during her little sister's baptism.  Wish I had a picture of that...

I do, however, have a picture of this.



That's the after pic.  Here's the better "before":



Having been through quite a few sacramental receptions, we decided to make the latest one more exciting by forcing the guests to write poetry: a random topic was started and the paper was passed around, everyone adding too lines.  The end results were very humorous...  if I can dig them out of hiding I might add a few lines.  :)

As for today's question: yes, I prayed the Liturgy of the Hours regularly through high school and college.  I loved reading the different scripture passages morning, noon, and night, with special selections and prayers for each liturgical season.  It was the only the distraction of motherhood that made me stop.  I hope to start again someday... meanwhile, I squeeze prayers between errands and picking up toys. 


O God, come to my assistance!  
O Lord, make haste to help me!

2 comments:

  1. The following article helps clarify some confusion: http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/10/07/busting-shutdown-myths/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete